Newport Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
Sustaining a personal injury can lead to tremendous expenses. If you or someone you care about has been injured because of the negligent actions of another person, you should not be left holding the bills. At the law firm of Callahan & Blaine, a qualified and experienced personal injury Newport Beach personal injury lawyer is ready to get to work on your behalf. Let us get to the bottom of what happened so we can secure the compensation you need. Call us today for a free consultation.
Newport Beach Personal Injury LawyerResources
When dealing with a personal injury, it’s crucial to have the right resources and legal representation. At Callahan & Blaine, we offer a team of dedicated professionals to assist you with your personal injury claim. Here are some important resources and information to help you navigate through your personal injury case:
Why Hire Callahan & Blaine for Your Personal Injury Lawyer Claim?
When seeking legal help for your personal injury case, it’s essential to choose a law firm with a proven track record of success. Callahan & Blaine stands out for several reasons:
- Experience: Our lawyers have more than 700 years of combined legal experience. We will put this knowledge to work on your case.
- Strength: We have the skills and resources necessary to take on any opponent. We do not believe in backing down.
- Results: Our Newport Beach personal injury attorneys have significant experience handling personal injury cases and have secured more than $1 billion for our clients in Orange County.
- No Upfront Costs: You will never have to worry about out-of-pocket costs and will pay no attorney fees unless we are successful with your case.
What Does a Personal Injury Attorney Do?
Personal injury cases can become incredibly complex and involve many parties. Your Newport Beach personal injury lawyer will be the person handling all aspects of this for you, including:
- Obtaining all evidence from the incident – accident reports, photographs and video, eyewitness accounts, and more.
- Obtaining safety records if the case involves a company or other entity.
- Ensuring your medical records are evaluated by a trusted medical professional.
- Working with medical and economic experts to calculate your total losses.
- Negotiating with the insurance company and other parties to obtain a fair settlement or take your case to trial if necessary to ensure you are taken care of.
Types Of Personal Injury Claims In Newport Beach, CA
Personal injury cases can take many forms. At Callahan & Blaine, we handle a wide range of personal injury claims in Newport Beach, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability cases
- Defective product cases
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
What Is the Statute of Limitations in California?
California law does not give injury victims an endless amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you are considering filing a lawsuit in Newport Beach or anywhere else in California, the claim must be filed by the time limit set by the state, which is commonly referred to as the statute of limitations. For most personal injury claims in California, the standard statute of limitations is two years, starting from the date of the accident or injury. Failing to file your claim by the deadline will likely result in the court dismissing your case and you will not be able to recover compensation, regardless of how serious your injuries might be.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
As a personal injury victim, you should never be left holding the bills if someone else has caused your injuries. When you need help, the Newport Beach injury attorneys at the law firm of Callahan & Blaine are ready to step in. We will investigate what happened in order to secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Medical bills and coverage of your other medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Mental anguish/pain and suffering
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible
How To Prove A Personal Injury Case
When filing a personal injury claim in Newport Beach or throughout the state of California, the burden of proof falls on the plaintiff, or the injury victim. This is why it is extremely important to retain the legal services of a knowledgeable Newport Beach personal injury attorney with experience in proving negligence and convincing a judge or jury to side with you based on the evidence provided. Your lawyer will need to prove four elements of negligence in order to obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf:
- Duty of care owed. The defendant (person or party allegedly at fault for your injuries) must have owed you (the plaintiff) a legal duty to exercise reasonable care at the time of your injury.
- Duty of care breached. The defendant carelessly or intentionally breached his or her duty by doing or failing to do something the average person would have done under similar circumstances.
- Causation. Your Newport Beach personal injury attorney will need to prove that the defendant’s breach of duty caused your accident and injuries.
- Damages suffered. Additionally, your lawyer will need to prove that you suffered damages caused by the actions or inactions of the defendant. (i.e. lost wages, hospital bills, etc.)
A trial lawyer with decades of experience handling accident and injury claims will know how to build a case and represent you in a way that maximizes your financial compensation. At Callahan & Blaine, our Newport Beach personal injury lawyers know what it takes to file and win a personal injury claim in Newport Beach, CA.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
At the law office of Callahan & Blaine, your Newport Beach personal injury lawyer will not cost you anything unless he or she is able to successfully recover financial compensation for your injuries. Like most personal injury law firms in Newport Beach, CA, we operate on a contingency fee basis for all personal injury lawsuits. Under this agreement, we only charge our clients for our legal services if we win a case. Instead of paying us out of pocket, you will pay your attorney directly out of your settlement award, which will be a pre-agreed upon percentage based on a contract with your lawyer. By offering our legal services on a contingency fee agreement, we are able to provide affordable, high-quality legal representation to our clients in Orange County.
Contact a Top-Rated Newport Beach Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or a loved one was recently involved in a personal injury accident, whether that be a car accident, truck accident, or anything in between, we may be able to help. A seasoned accident attorney at our personal injury law firm can walk you through the legal process from identifying fault to securing fair compensation for your catastrophic injury. When you need a personal injury lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, you can contact us for a free consultation by calling us at (714) 241-4444. If you were injured outside of the Newport Beach area, Callahan & Blaine also has a team of personal injury lawyers in Irvine and Santa Ana.